If your company engages Swarmsales to tap into accounts through our network of Independent Sales Professionals, there are things you'll want to make sure you have in place in order to see the engagements you're looking for, but absent of results the Swarmsales platform is still giving your company or product line a lot of great feedback because we're basically releasing it to a massive sales professional platform and lack of engagement could be due but not limited to the following reasons:
- Is your company positioning it's VALUE PROPOSITION CORRECTLY with the SALES PROFESSIONAL community and are SALES PROFESSIONALS on Swarmsales seeing the value of the solution being offered to their accounts?
- This is typically the main challenge that we've seen with companies that don't see the traction they need on Swarmsales. Sales People have a few great assets, and these are the ACCOUNTS and RELATIONSHIPS they hold within each one of them, and sales people are ONLY as valuable as the solutions they can bring to the decision makers of each account they hold. If they don't see your value and don't embrace your companies solution, that means you might want to help them identifying use cases for which you really matter to a certain group of executives and tying those to metrics that each account can clearly see for sales people to want to engage you. In other words, reaching out to specific sales people within Swarmsales with a very targeted message for their accounts is always a great step to improve engagements.
- Do sales people see an opportunity to make a big commission check with your companies solution in a reasonable period of time?
- Please remember that SALES PROFESSIONALS on Swarmsales will make money in two different ways. They will collect small payments for progressing opportunities for your company at each of their target accounts. The major reason for them to be on Swarmsales is because they see a chance to score big deals selling your solutions at their accounts and lets face it: They wake up every morning thinking about how they'll get to a commission check before the end of the month to pay their bills and live a lavish life (and that's how you want them thinking in the first place). When presented with an opportunity to engage you into their accounts, they will ask themselves the following question: "What is the size of the 25% commission check that I'll collect from Swarmsales when I close a deal for this vendor company at my account and how long will it take me to get there?" ... If your answer to that question is a small number, then you know you need to raise that commission rate to put a bigger carrot in front of sales people. Your company can always use a large commission rate to get started with Swarmsales, and once you build certain pipeline, then you can turn off that campaign and create a new one with a smaller commission rate if you're overwhelmed by the response rate you're seeing.
- Do you have long drawn out sales cycles and are sales people going to have to put in long hours to get your deal done?
- We have had many sales professionals come back to us saying that they are really excited with the vendor companies that they represent but sales cycles happen to be much longer than they expected and there is a lot of work to get deals over the finish line. If that is the case with your company, we have a new feature that we just released that allows you to pay your sales professionals for all sorts of things outside of milestones completed. Now you can reimburse sales professionals for taking a customer out to dinner or for the 25 hours they invested in creating an industry specific presentation for your company. Don't forget that sales professionals have to pay bills and with this new feature you can still keep sales professionals engaged while keeping your cost of sales low by only paying for things that you can measure.
If you have additional comments, questions or concerns about how to get the best results out of Swarmsales please feel free to reach out to us and let us know at [email protected]